Sunday, 8 October 2017

Poems

Assalaamu Alaikum everyone. These are the poems of every participant:

The old building is empty and bare,
Yet smoke comes from the chimney, I thought there lived only a hare,
No, I hear neighs in the dusty stall, from a young mare,
But when I enter, it is just empty and bare,

I come to the old building late at night,
And guess what I saw, an eerie light,
I’m not scared so I walk towards it,
But when I look in, I see nothing but an old pit.

Next day I come again,
And what do I hear, nothing but a clucking hen,
I look in the henhouse, but its now an animal’s den,
When will I solve the mystery, oh when?

Then I remember I am just dreaming,
Old memories come back, and then leaving,
The old building is empty and bare,
Yet smoke comes from the chimney, I thought there only lived an old mother hare.

Zainab E. 


Dodging falling bombs
Gas mask on my face
Soldiers waiting for me to come
And I’ve been running for days
Can’t get enough breath to fill my lungs
Navigating this maze
My paws are sore from this long run
And my fur is always ablaze
Allies and Axis are both fighting
In this terrible craze
Will my long run never end
Or will I keep on running for days

Aisha S. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...